Brooklyn, New YorkApply Now
Two Trees Management Company, a leading New York based residential and commercial real estate developer is seeking a driven, detail-oriented, and experienced professional for a full-time Porter position at one of its Class A luxury rental buildings in Brooklyn
- Daily cleaning of the common areas in a manner expected of a luxury rental building including but not limited to residential corridors, lobbies and vestibules, stairwells, gym facilities, management office, elevators, laundry rooms, trash rooms, building exterior, compactor rooms and enclosed outdoor roof deck.
- Daily trash handling and removal including emptying of the building’s compactors, breaking down and tying up cardboard boxes, and bringing trash and recyclables curbside for removal by DSNY.
- Detailed “white glove” cleaning of vacant apartments and/or apartments with pending move-in dates.
- Building preparations on an as-needed basis for inclement weather including snow removal (shoveling and/or use of snow blower) and de-icing of sidewalks using calcium chloride. On rainy days, placing and removal of fitted mats and floor coverings in heavily trafficked public areas.
- Strong observational and diagnostic skills to proactively recognize and escalate possible issues with building common areas or resident units in a timely manner to resident manager.
- Versatility and strong work ethic to handle both service requests from residents that do not explicitly require handyman or resident manager expertise.
- Prior experience as a porter in a Class A luxury building preferred.
- Strong professional janitorial background required.
- References from relevant previous employers will be sought.
- College degree preferred but not required if prior direct experience and proven track record in a similar role can be demonstrated
- Proficiency using large industrial cleaning equipment including a buffing machine for wood floors and other finished surfaces as well as large industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, painting and electricity preferred.
- Due to physical nature of certain required tasks, must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds
- Team player able to work well with others
- Strong bias towards customer service and managing tenant relationships in an extremely professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent oral and communications skills
- Exemplary work ethic and attention to detail with and focus on building cost control and efficiency
- Multi-tasking and management of multiple projects/tasks concurrently
- Ability to take direction from Superintendent and Management staff.