Office Space FAQ
Affordable Housing FAQ
Everything you need to know about leasing commercial office space with Two Trees.
Whether you are looking in Brooklyn or Manhattan, we offer a variety of flexible options to accommodate your business’ individual needs:
- 1 to 5 year lease terms;
- Renewal options;
- Penalty-free expansions;
- Short-term additional space rentals for current tenants;
- Landlord pre-builds.
Our office spaces in DUMBO and FLATIRON begin as beautiful, sun-drenched blank pallets of inspiration waiting for your brand’s unique touch. Characteristics include:
- Open floor plans;
- Lofted ceilings;
- Big windows;
- Freshly-painted walls;
- Plumbing installed (for private kitchenettes);
- Epoxy sealed concrete or sanded & lacquered original hardwood floors;
- Built-to-suit options;
- Furnished, turn-key options.
You can move in as early as 30 days after submitting a lease application and agreeing to terms. If you require a space sooner, we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We request the following at lease execution:
- 2 signed hard copies of the lease agreement;
- Registration on the NYS Division of Corporations website;
- Insurance certificate;
- W-9 form; • Security deposit or letter of credit;
- Rental deposit (1 month’s rent at lease signing).
All of our commercial buildings are wired for:
- Verizon Fios;
- Time Warner;
- Media Three (fiber optic).
- DUMBO: Main entrance doors are locked during after-hours.
- Tenants are provided with key fobs, granting them 24/7 access.
- FLATIRON: There is a building attendant in the lobby 24/7.
Heat is provided in all of our commercial buildings as follows:
- October 1st through May 31st;
- Monday through Friday, during normal business hours;
- Weekends, during limited hours.
The majority of our offices are equipped with HVAC cooling systems. Condensed water for these units is provided as follows:
- May 1st through October 31st;
- 7 days/week, 6:00am – 10:00pm. Spaces without HVAC cooling systems include well-functioning window A/C units.
All tenants have individual mailboxes in their building’s mailroom;
- Larger packages are delivered right to office doors;
- Tenants have full access to their building’s freight elevator and loading dock. Flatiron tenants must schedule use of the loading dock with building management.
We will gladly accommodate your expansion without penalty, provided we have inventory available in your new size requirement.
Two Trees tenants with offices in DUMBO may qualify for the following NY tax abatement programs:
- REAP (Relocation and Employment Assistance Program) – credits of up to $3,000 per employee for tenants relocating from Manhattan;
- CEP (Commercial Expansion Program) – additional reductions for tenants investing in improvements to their space.
For further information on who qualifies and how to apply, please refer to the links below and contact our Commercial Leasing Department, where one of our leasing agents will guide you through the application process:
- REAP Information: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/finance/benefits/business-reap.page
- CEP Information: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/finance/benefits/benefits-commercialexpansion-program.page
- Two Trees Commercial Leasing: firstname.lastname@example.org / (718) 222-2500
There are plenty of convenient transportation options that will get you to DUMBO:
- “F” train, to the York Street station;
- “A” & “C” trains, to the High Street station;
- East River Ferry, to the Brooklyn Bridge Park/DUMBO terminal;
- Bike (or Citi Bike)– Bike and Citi Bike racks can be found in various locations throughout the neighborhood;
- Drive– There are parking lots under each of our commercial buildings in DUMBO. For inquiries, please feel free to contact Park Kwik: http://www.parkkwik.com/home.html.
DUMBO is a vibrant co-working neighborhood with the reputation of being NYC’s most distinguished creative/tech hub. Having an office in “Digital DUMBO” places you in the Brooklyn Tech Triangle and provides you the opportunity to connect and collaborate with likeminded innovators from around the globe. With plenty of great spots to eat, exercise and shop, DUMBO makes it easy for professionals in the area to maintain a well-rounded work/life balance.
- 7 Old Fulton Restaurant
- Almondine Bakery
- Archway Café
- Blanc et Rouge (world-class wine and liquor)
- Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory
- Brooklyn Roasting Company
- Cecconi’s • Dumbo Kitchen
- Food stands (various, under the Archway)
- Food trucks (various, parking lot on the corner of Jay Street)
- Forager’s Market
- Front Street Pizza
- Jacques Torres Chocolate
- Juice Press
- Love & Dough
- Luke’s Lobster
- Miso Restaurant
- No. 7 Sub
- One Girl Cookies
- Peas & Pickles
- The River Café
- Shake Shack
- Vinegar Hill House
- Abhaya Yoga
- Brooklyn Bridge Park:
- Basketball courts
- Beach volleyball
- Handball courts
- Exercise machines
- Group fitness classes (free, during the warmer months)
- Skating rink
- Soccer fields
- DUMBO CrossFit
- Fitness classes exclusively for Two Trees commercial tenants on the rooftop decks (coming soon, during the warmer months)
- The Fitness Guru
- Flora Nails
- Glam & Go Blow Out Bar
- Gleason’s Gym
- Greenstone Spa
- MaxShift IMAX Spin
- Salon de Quartier
- Brooklyn Industries
- Egg by Susan Lazar
- Front General Store
- Half Pint Citizens
- Mel Et Stel
- Modern Anthology
- Powerhouse Arena
- The Shops at Front Street
- West Elm
- Big Duck
- Bjarke Ingels Group
- Big Spaceship
- Carrot Creative
- Fake Love
- Huge Digital Agency
- Now What
- Red Antler
- Stink Digital
- Two Bulls
- Vice Media
Yes, tenants who refer new tenants to Two Trees (office, retail, storage or residential) receive a rent credit of one month’s worth of the new tenant’s rent, subject to these terms and conditions:
- Referral rewards to existing commercial tenants are capped at $5,000, and referral rewards to existing residential tenants are capped at $1,500, except for referrals to Ten Grand Street, as detailed below.
- Ten Grand Street referral rewards: rewards to existing commercial tenants are capped at $15,000 (or $5,000 if the referral is working with a broker), and referral rewards to existing residential tenants are capped at one full month’s rent.
- Your referral must actually lease and move into a market-rate Two Trees property.
- Your referral must give your name and building when making an appointment with the leasing office.
- The referral credit is only applicable if the prospect is not represented by a broker, or if their broker agrees to reduce their commission by the value of the referral fee (except for Ten Grand Street, as mentioned above).
- The lease term for the referral must be a minimum of 12 months.
- Referral credits are applied to your account within 30 days of your referral moving in.
- Referrals are applicable to those new tenants only, not tenants relocating or transferring within a Two Trees property.
Everything you need to know about affordable housing with Two Trees.
Filling out the application during advertising of available affordable apartments during a lottery or to replenish a waiting list is the only way to apply for one of the affordable apartments.
Due to the large number of families on the waiting list and low vacancy rate of the affordable apartments, it’s impossible to estimate when a family might be selected for an eligibility interview.
Yes, there are income limits requirements based on the designated local area median income limit percent that is set aside for the affordable apartments for example 40% or 50% the local area medium income.
Yes, credit history and background checks are considered and can be a basis for denial of an apartment.
There is no application fee.
Hot water and gas for cooking is included in the rent.
Yes, we accept section 8 and other programs.
Yes, there is no smoking permitted in any area of the building including the apartments.
Yes, pets are permitted in our building however, there are pet restrictions and a one time pet deposit.